PHOENIX THOTTAM: UPDATED 2019 & Current Westside Los Angeles Architecture and Interior Design Trends (click ‘Continue Reading’ below)
Not just the outdoors but blurring the line between indoor and outdoor space -that they flow seamlessly
- Deck, patios, courtyards
- Outdoor kitchens and fully furnished outdoor rooms
- Pools and Spas
Open Floor Plan:
The open space plan is now mainstream and will continue as the new norm. Kitchens remain a focus of household activities. Formal living rooms and dining rooms are disappearing,replaced by great rooms, dens, and open-space layouts. This allows for:
- Family connectivity and interaction, communal activity areas, and entertaining at home
-With that trend, we have created our need for:
These are now crucial for our wellbeing. A place to escape whether it’s so make a quiet phone call or for some peace and quiet.
- “library” room/ reading nook
- yoga and meditation spaces
- indoor or outdoor sanctuaries, courtyards and indoor gardens.
- Freestanding baths and bath as relaxing space
o Bathtubs have become a focal point, and the more sculptural the better.
Material and Colors:
- Bold colors: Blues, Reds and Teals
- Use of natural material is back- wood, concrete, marble and granite
Multiple Master Suites:
- Multi-generational home
- Friends and colleagues who share a house in order to afford real estate in a desirable area
Work from Home:
Changing and flexible work patterns and technology advancements has increased the need for:
- Home offices
- Creating multiple spaces throughout the home that can be used to work
Design + Construct 6230 Wilshire Blvd, #2000; Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Additional living space
- A recreation room that integrates with the outdoors
Will be taken a lot more seriously as the majority of baby boomers will have turned 65 over the next ten years.
- Accessibility features throughout the home, no level changes between rooms
- At least one bedroom on 1s t floor
- Creating access to the home without steps
- Curb-less showers
Many people are looking to the future and installing technology to create sustainable environmEmts within their homes. Sustainability has been a growing trend and it will continue at a much higher velocity as the technology is more affordable: These are the things that seem to first come up most:
- Solar panels/ Tesla batteries
- Passive heating and cooling
- Sustainable landscaping and water conservation
Healthy Home and Wellbeing:
Increased focus on a healthy home environment.
- Indoor air quality- using nontoxic materials
- Water quality
- Natural light
Charging stations/ home for our devices/integrated USB outlets.
- Lighting control systems
- Smart thermostats
- Smart entry systems
- Technology in the bathrooms and kitchens
- Spas and pools controlled by your phone or iPad